The Association of Evangelical Schools in Lebanon and the National Evangelical Synod of Syria and Lebanon, chose the Ahliah School for Girls in Amman and the Moutran School for Boys to hold the first workshop from 15 to 17 March, 2015, to introduce Principals and other decision makers at Evangelical Schools to the Measures of Academic Progress (MAP) test.
The principal of the Ahliah School, the Jordanian Senate Member and educator, Dr. Haifa Najjar, was the host of this important seminar. The sessions were given by two NWEA experts in the field of education, Dr. Gayle Frame and Dr. Shoshana Blauer.
This seminar constituted also a turning point in the debate about curricula, and in the conducting of final exams far from the traditional way which puts the student in a mold he/ she cannot get out from it in order to release his/ her potential capacities. Participants were called upon to join the movement towards using innovations in technology, communication, and computers to help students decide on the kind of study they would like to pursue after graduating from school and the field of specialization, to depend more on the student’s achievement in what is known as Standardized Testing, involving among other things, achievement tests like the MAP.
aesl - author
Share This Post
- AESL Announces a New Opportunity for Teachers’ Development with Queen Rania Teacher Academy (QRTA) February 7 2018
- Workshop presented on 7,8,9 December 2018, by Lindsay Stoelting, Professional Development Consultant (NWEA) Northwest Evaluation Association March 14 2018
- A Workshop by the NWEA to Explain the Importance of the Measures of Academic Progress (MAP) Test to Students of Evangelical Schools in Lebanon November 13 2015
- Teacher Skills Forum(Jordan 2018) March 28 2018
- AESL Gathering for Representatives of Private Schools March 28 2018